Thank You for an Amazing DFF 2018!
Dear DFF Community,
I would like to say a huge thank-you to everyone who helped make this year’s Digital Freedom Festival a massive success! This was our 4th time organising the festival, and it just keeps getting bigger and better every year. We had 2 full days and 5 stages, with 100+ speakers and over 1,600 attendees representing 30 countries from around the world. There were so many spectacular moments, but just to name a few:
- We’re even closer this year to our 50:50 diversity goal, with women making up 40% of festival speakers
- Attendees included 200 startup entrepreneurs, 50 investors and 80 media representatives
- On Investor Day there were 300 startup and investor speed-dates
- The 5 stages included the Future Stage, PNB Banka Investor Lounge, DELFI Media Lab, Corporate innovations Lounge and the Lifestyle Lounge
- Future Stage keynotes included 1 bathtub full of ice (Biohacker John Carstairs), 10 drummers and a Latvian choir
- Conference livestreams on the Shortcut app and online at Delfi.lv were viewed more than 15 000 times
- The festival included 5 startup pitch competitions with 500 Startups, Rockstart, EIT Climate-KIC, the University of Latvia Student Business Incubator and the Magnetic Latvia Startup Bootcamp
- Most popular names at the festival were Anna and Jānis
This year’s festival was the first tech conference in Latvia’s new centenary, which is why we’re so delighted to gift the country such a fantastic meeting platform for policymakers, startup entrepreneurs, corporations and investors. I hope that we’ve provided a positive push and the motivation for Latvia to become a regional technology centre in the second centenary. I hope to see Latvia internationally recognised as a modern, innovative and digital country, where solutions to global problems are created.
Of course this all wouldn’t have been possible hard work and dedication of our organisers from the DFF NGO, as well as the Lejiņa & Šleiers reputation management agency. A special thanks to our Official Bank – PNB Banka, startup competition partners 500 Startups and Rockstart, our Partners at the European Commission, Magnetic Latvia, USA Embassy, Dutch Embassy, and Content Partner Delfi along with Media Partners Dienas Bizness, LETA, Diena, SestDiena, Kapitāls, The Baltic Times, LabsofLatvia, bel.biz, BerlinBalticNordic.net, la.lv, inbox.lv and many more.
We hope to see all of you again in Riga next year on November 21st and 22nd for the Digital Freedom Festival 2019, which I guarantee will be even even more fantastic!
DFF Co-founder and CEO