Pitch to Business Angels
The DFF, in cooperation with the association Latvian Business Angel Network (LatBAN), invites pre-seed startups to submit applications for the November Investment Session. For the first time, the top 10 startups will have an opportunity to present their business ideas to Latvian and international business angels at the DFF. Motivated startup teams with a developed or almost developed product prototype are invited to apply for the competition. Special attention will be paid to the marketing strategy of the offered product or service.
- Opportunity to present your business idea to Latvian and international business angels – 10 pre-seed startups will be selected to pitch their ideas to investors
- A chance recieve advice and investments from experienced entrepreneurs
The selected startups will:
- Present their ideas and pitch investors at the Digital Freedom Festival on November 28
- Network with local and foreign investors during the 2 days of conference
- Receive attention from local and international media
- Receive a prize of 2 SLUSH entrance tickets with covered expenses for travel and accommodation
How startups should apply?
- Pre-seed stage startups are invited to fill out an application form on the international private investor platform Gust.com for the November Investment Session by November 5th, 23:59.
- Applicants must register in this system first and then fill in the application form. To submit a project, choose Apply for Funding and fill in the application. Submissions can be in Latvian or English. Projects from all sectors apply (pre-seed startups). Pitch must be presented in English. In the application form please mark that project is intended for LATBAN review not for public.
- If necessary, the application manual for the Gust platform can be downloaded here.
- Pitch finalists will be announced on November 9th.
- There is a precondition for the top 10 selected startups – you must be a DFF Startup Pass holder. If selected, organisers will provide the opportunity to purchase ticket to DFF for Early Bird price.
How investors should apply?
- Investors are also invited to apply for the LatBAN Investment Session by e-mail email@example.com
- Investors can attend the LatBAN Investment Session on November 28 for free. However, all other Digital Freedom Festival related activities on November 27 will be accessible only to DFF ticket holders
Investors will have a chance to:
- Connect with promising projects with a great potential for rapid growth
- Meet new entrepreneurs
- Expand their network
The association Latvian Business Angel Network (LATBAN) was founded on 29th April 2014. The goal of the association is to extend and develop the network of investors in Latvia, and to support new and prospective projects. This is why LATBAN organises Investment Sessions, during which investors and new entrepreneurs can meet with each other.