How we did in 2017?
‣ The festival was attended by 35% more participants than last year – 1367 (including 115 conference speakers, 165 startup businesses, 45 investors, 647 corporate representatives, 60 media representatives, 50 volunteers etc.) from 36 countries. 58% of festival attendees were men, 42% – women.
‣ The festival goal was to attract women for at least 50% of conference speakers. This year the festival came closer to this mark with women making up 35% of speakers.
‣ Among conference speakers there was 1 cyborg, 1 monk, the most popular Finnish Youtuber, who’s Youtube channel has more than 1.7 million followers and 300 million views. One conference presentation took place in virtual reality.
‣ The festival was held on 6 stages.
‣ The conference live broadcast was viewed more than 9000 times on the Shortcut website and application.
‣ Five startup competitions were held during the festival. In the competition organised by world leading startup accelerator 500 Startupsin cooperation with Microsoft Latvia the final winners were Latvian businesses DigiPulseandCENOS, who received an invitation to participate in the final round of talks for the next accelerator batch in Silicon Valley, and the opportunity to gain knowledge, funding and support tools valued at more than 100 000 USD. In turn Dutch accelerator Rockstart competition winners were Let’s Enhance from Estonia. During the festival the Latvian Business Angel Network(LatBAN), the European innovation initiative Climate- Kic and EstLat Accelerate also held startup competitions.
‣ The most popular attendee names were – Ieva and Jānis.